Loveray Search

Custom Search

Playasia

Playasia Games

Equilibrium Movie Review


I had another double dose of straight movie watching with my cousin on Saturday afternoon. The first movie that we watched is actually recommended by my sister which is a 2002 sci-fi action movie, Equilibrium. To tell you the truth I have never heard of Equilibrium before this and was quite surprised by the fact that Christian Bale, the current Batman plays the protagonist.

Equilibrium is set in a futuristic dystopian(vision of a society in which conditions of life are miserable and characterized by poverty, oppression, war, violence, disease, pollution, and/or the abridgement of human rights, resulting in widespread unhappiness, suffering, and other kinds of pain.~thanks wiki^^) city-state called Libria. In this age and time, mankind has blamed human emotion as the root cause of conflict in the world and thus all citizens of Libria are required to inject themselves with regular dosages of an emotion-suppressing drug called Prozium. The protagonist of Equilibrium, John Preston(Christian Bale) is the highest ranking officer in the elite Grammaton Clerics which is tasked to locate and destroy all emotionally stimulating material(classified as EC-10 for emotional content) and to stop "sense-offenders"- people guilty of feeling emotions.

I have to say that Equilibrium is a very good sci-fi action movie. Christian Bale's portrayal of John Preston is outstanding and the high adrenaline slick gun-fighting martial art (a.k.a. Gun Kata) scenes are just mind blowing! Just check out the trailer below for a sneak peek!

Equilibrium Movie Trailer


I must have been too preoccupied in 2002 to let Equilibrium slip under my radar then. This is now part of my personal DVD collection. I recommend that you check it out for yourself. My Love For Life movie review rating for Equilibrium: 4/5

My Love For Life Review

2 Life quote shouts:

Borneo Falcon said...

I also never heard of this movie before.

HermanTurnip said...

Huge fan of this flick! Would like to pick it up on blu-ray, but it looks like it's only available via import? Must check around some more...

http://terribleanalogies.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Copyright xsigns