Loveray Search

Custom Search

Playasia

Playasia Games

Ikea Tertial Work Lamp Review

This is the first My Love For Life Household Review. I will be focusing on the Ikea Tertial Work Lamp. I had to ask for assistance from my sis to buy this Tertial for me as the city where I live does not have any Ikea outlet which is just disappointing. The main purpose that I got this Tertial is to provide adequate lighting when photo shooting macro shots for My Love For Life Gundam Reviews which hopefully will extend to my other collectibles as well like my Figmas which I have yet to start reviewing. The Tertial comes with some assembly required. The following photo shows an overview of the Tertial package.


This is the head of the Tertial which attaches to the main arm via a twist and lock mechanism.

This smaller package contains the latching base of the Tertial as well as a couple of metal springs which need to be latched on the main arm later on.

This is the main arm of the Tertial. Lucky for me, everything here comes assembled including the cables and electric power plug. It is folded up to be compact for easier packing and handling.

This is the included Tertial assembly guide sheet. Its basically printed in black on a piece of paper which is more than enough to detail the required minor assembly processes for the Tertial.

Every step is shown clearly only through pictures without any written guidelines whatsoever. It is pretty straight forward to follow.

The first step is to latch on the mounting base of the Tertial. The base is made out of plastic and metal and is latched on the foundation via a tightening screw mechanism which is designed to be twisted using a bare hand. I have securely latched mine on the left side of my table.

The second step is to fasten the main arm of the Tertial into the mounting base. This is a simple step as you only need to insert the cylindrical metal rod at the base of the main arm into the hole located on the mounting base.

The third step is to latch the two springs from the previous smaller package onto the middle connector joint of the Tertial's main arm. The simple method of doing this is to latch one end of the spring first then slowly pull the other end of the spring and latch it onto the other pivot joint.

The fourth and last step in the Tertial assembly sheet is to fasten the head onto the main arm of the Tertial. This is easily accomplished by aligning the 3 mounting crevasses found on the head part with the corresponding protruding pivot points found on the main arm by pushing them together and locking them securely by a twisting motion.

Now that my Tertial is fully assembled, all that is left to do is to install a light source to try it out. I have chosen a modern energy saving fluorescent light bulb rated at 20W. The Tertial takes in any standard E26 light bulb max rating at 60W which is the screw type.

The moment of truth: time to switch the Tertial on! Yay! Its working great!

I am a proud owner of the Ikea Tertial Work Lamp. The Tertial's arm is very well designed to be as flexible as possible making it very easy to position the light in whichever way I want. I love how the Tertial's main body is constructed using metal. I have had a similarly designed non Ikea work lamp where the joints are made out of plastic and they broke off a few months later! Kudos to Ikea and its superb design team who produce useful and reliable items which are long lasting and durable too.

I think I'll be requesting for assistance from my sis again to get me another Tertial Work Lamp! My Love For Life Household review rating for Ikea Tertial Work Lamp: 5/5

My Love For Life Review

2 Life quote shouts:

Borneo Falcon said...

I had something similar like this too but using a different light bulb at the end of it

Vincent Martin said...

Hi, I am wondering about this lamp. I live in a really tiny crappy studio apartment and my girlfriend, being a pre-med student, needs to stay up until 4am studying :) Unfortunately I sleep at that time. I am wondering if the lamp directs a spot light of light which would allow her to see and me to sleep in relative darkness! Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Copyright xsigns