Loveray Search

Custom Search

Playasia

Playasia Games

Dance Flick Movie Review


I think all of us have watched a few movies which we know before hand are bad but we watch them anyway. For me its mainly the American parody movie genre. My latest foray into the stated genre is Dance Flick written by the Wayans Brothers and directed by their nephew Damien Dante Wayans.

My boo came by on a hot Saturday afternoon and we sat through Dance Flick. I wonder why they did not name the movie Dance Movie instead of Dance Flick seeing their previous releases like Disaster Movie and Epic Movie. Anyway Dance Flick centers on a girl named Megan White (Shoshana Bush) who is forced to move in with her father in the inner-city area due to a series of tragic circumstances. In her new school, she started to rekindle her interest in dancing by signing up for the ballet classes and met a street gang member called Thomas (Damon Wayans, Jr). Obviously they become dance partners and eventually fall in love.

Dance Flick Movie Trailer


Some of the parodies found in Dance Flick include Stomp The Yard, Footloose, Step Up, Mamma Mia!, Hairspray and Enchanted which I think has been way overused. A word of caution though, Dance Flick contains a fair amount of profanity and crude sexual content which includes a beat boxing female organ. Depending on your expectations when watching Dance Flick you can either give it a serious miss or a below average pass. In my case, I have to say that curiosity killed the cat because that was my sole driving force of watching Dance Flick from the start to the very end.

My Love For Life Movie Review rating for Dance Flick: 2/5

My Love For Life Review

0 Life quote shouts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Copyright xsigns